Dusty Skirts + Metallic Devils

You ever had one of those pieces in your closet that you bought a century ago but never got use out of 'cause you never really knew what to wear it with? But instead of tossing it or donating it, the hoarder and optimist in you said to yourself "Leave it on that hanger, boo. It's too cute to get rid of, you know you'll wear it eventually!!" After developing a small film of dust on it from hanging on that closet rod for too long, the day finally arrives - a great outfit idea revolving around said piece pops up in your mind! And alas, that cute thrifted skirt of yours finally sees the light of day.

I had thrifted this random chevron crocheted (or is it knit? I honestly can't really tell) when I was about 16 at some rinky-dink Goodwill for $6. Despite it's basic tube-like silhouette, it's pale pink and seafoam color palette and organic chevron design gave it a little more interest. It had some hope.
Outfit Breakdown:
pink lucite sunnies - Forever 21
aqua stone bib necklace  - Aldo Accessories
white eyelet bralette - Forever 21
gingham short sleeve button down - Forever 21
crocheted chevron skirt - thrifted
metallic lilac mules - Aldo


The humidity levels here in Jersey City are still at an all-time high - if I even try considering wearing a normal t-shirt or anything with sleeves, I might just pass out from a heatstroke. Because of this, I have to resort to wearing as little fabric on my body as humanly possible. One of the only plus sides to having an incredibly flat chest? I can get away with walking around in a bra and skirt without looking too inappropriate. So in came this little white eyelet bralette. But to keep myself from looking a little too bare, I threw on this aqua bib necklace for a pop of color, and the gingham button down as a cover up. 



And last but not least, these beautiful devils. 

I found these beautiful mules on the ALDO website for like, 40% off, and the shade of purple mixed with it's metallic finish made me inclined to get my hands on them at whatever cost. I checked the website every day for about a week to see if it was sold out, and called both of the ALDO locations in SoHo to see if they had my size in stock. So I made my way there during my lunch break and made sure I didn't walk out of the glass doors until the box was in my hands and paid for, even if it made me late for work. The associate even convinced me to buy little insoles for them (I'm a sucker for a good salesperson and customer service). It even took me a whole month and a half after buying them to finally wear them, because I couldn't just pair these babies with just any outfit. 

The downfall to this story starts with me putting them on. I expected that these things would be a breeze to walk in, considering the chunky heel, and the fact that I had no problem when I tried them on.  But no. I barely made it two blocks from my house, walking downhill, for me to want to throw them into the nearest trashcan I could find, because my feet were HURRRRRRRT, y'all. After walking around in the mules for a few hours (I had to stop every 20 steps or so to give my feet a rest), I finally had the nerve to just walk the last block back to my house barefoot. I kid you not, these demons gave me more blisters on my feet than when I did ballet. But does that mean that they're gonna' retire to the back of my closet? Of course not. Why? Because I always gotta' sacrifice for the outfit. Duh.


But anyways, thanks for reading! Have a great day, y'all. May you not have to suffer a painful shoe day. At least until your next trip to the club. 

- Pia Ria


No comments:

Post a Comment