Denim on Denim. On Denim.

I'm a firm believer in the power of shopping the sale section. When you work part-time at a tea shop, you don't exactly have an unlimited budget for sartorial purchases. So naturally, the sale section is usually what I beeline for as soon as I walk into a store. 

Granted, you're more likely to fall in love with that embroidered bomber jacket in the window display than you would with the Crayola red skinny jeans in the sale section. But if you're persistent (and desperate) like me, you wouldn't mind scavenging through the scraps under that "SALE" sign in that dusty corner in the back of the store. And sometimes (or more often than not), you'll come across a gem. An awesome piece that you have to double check on the tag to make sure that it actually belongs on that discounted rack. And alas, the original $45 price is scratched out with a marker and replaced with a sticker that reads $10 in bright red. E'yassssssssss.

That was the case with this colorblock denim skirt. And almost every other piece of this outfit, actually. I happened to come across this denim skirt at a tiny H&M, and the denim bucket hat and denim crop top when Zara had a giant sale. And I ordered these white Docs on Macy's website for about $70 a few years ago. In short, I got 92% of my outfit for a fraction of the price. And it's a fantastic feeling, I might say.


Outfit Breakdown:
denim floppy bucket hat - Zara
blue lucite sunnies - random St Marks street vendor
vintage gold chain necklace - hand-me-down from Mama G
white denim crop top - Zara
colorblock denim skirt - H&M
white patent combat boots - Dr. Martens




Lesson learned: ALWAYS check the sale section. You'll never know what you'll find. And elbowing through the tacky clothes is sometimes worth it.

- Pia Ria

No comments:

Post a Comment