Salvation Army Treasures - Mini Thrift Haul!



How my shopping carts look like whenever I thrift, and I only end up walking out with 20-35% of the contents, haha.

Thrifting in New York (City) is a hassle about 98.6% of the time. Most thrift stores tend to be on the vintage boutique-side, or are just overly priced to be considered a real thrift store, basically Forever 21 prices for really ugly pieces. After literally googling "affordable thrift stores in NYC," I came across this gem. I'd share the exact location, but I'd rather not give this place away completely! Plus, I basically just gave you guys 3 out of 5 letters in this game of Hangman: Thrift Store Edition

Not only are their prices genuine thrift store prices (I'm using the Goodwills and Salvation Army's in Hudson County in NJ as a frame of reference), but I find some of the most amazing pieces I've ever thrifted (after thoroughly sifting through the racks, of course). 

Enter my mini haul:


J. Crew low-rise plaid flare trousers - $7.99
Men's striped netted short-sleeve button down - $5.99

On top of finding some nice pieces in perfect condition - sometimes brand-new, price tag attached and everything, but I manage to come across a plethora of designer pieces as well! Bonus: this Salvation Army practices the ever-so-helpful Family Day, where items with a certain colored price tag (i.e. blue, pink, white) are 50% off the listed price! Here's two prime examples of these glorious types of garments:


Zara tropical print v-neck peplum (brand new w/original tag!) - $5.99/$2.99 after discount!

And for my pièce de résistance .. dun duh duh dun!!!!!!!1

Comme des Garçons gingham asymmetrical sleeveless top - $2.99 
not even sure if it's 100% legit, anyone care to verify for me?

      
Point of the story, I had an extremely successful thrifting experience. May the thrift store gods bless me with more invaluable thrift-shopping experiences like this! *praying hands emoji* What do you guys think?

- Pia







No comments:

Post a Comment